Immigration and Passport Services
India is fast becoming a hub for trained and talented
professionals including engineers, doctors, teachers, hospitality
executives, charted accountants, etc. Every year several of such
professionals emigrate to the foreign land. We at Ratna International
assist people like them.
Right from the application for passport to the final filing of the
emigration forms, we assist you at every step. With our team of highly
experienced professionals we simplify the complexities involved in the
basic formalities that need to be completed before emigration. They
provide all the necessary information and guidance. Through proper
channelized ways, we ensure prompt and timely issuance of the necessary
The Emigration Act, 1983
The terms and conditions of overseas employment is
regulated by the Immigration Act, 1983. This act seeks to safeguard and
protect the interests of Indian workers employed overseas on contractual
basis. Under the provisions of the Act, a foreign employer can recruit any
citizen of India for employment in any country either directly after
obtaining a valid permit from the competent authority or through a
registered recruiting agent.
Immigration Clearance Rules
All Indian passport holders going abroad, especially for
service in Middle - East countries, require emigration clearance from the
Protector of Emigrants. The following remarks will be found at the end of
- Immigration Check Required
- Immigration check not required
The passenger having stamped as at Sl. No.2 above will be
cleared, while passengers having remarks at Sl. No. One should obtain
clearance from the Protector of Emigrants. They may be as follows:
- Immigration clearance granted.
- Immigration clearance suspended till the period of due date of
ECNR stamp is not required to visit Bangladesh, Pakistan
and all countries in Europe (except the Commonwealth of Independent
states) and North America. In any case, Protector of Emigrants can grant
emigration clearance to certain categories of skilled/semiskilled workers
for a period of six months if there is a valid employment visa. In case,
the person concerned is leaving the country for non-employment purpose, he
can obtain suspension from emigration clearance for the specified country
and for specified period from Protector of Emigrants
Procedure for Emigration Clearance
- ECNR endorsement will be made on the Passport only if the individual
approaches through recruiting agent.
- In case of farm worker, maidservant, housekeepers and unskilled
workers only the prescribed procedure in the manual will be followed.
- An affidavit may be obtained from the Recruiting agent if some
discrepancy is found in the profession mentioned on Visa and the
- On arrival at the country of employment, ECNR may be given on the
basis of 'No Objection Certificate' issued by Foreign Embassy concerned.
- The Recruiting Agent seeking ECNR endorsement would have to give an
affidavit confirming the following:
- That employment visa(s) attached/endorsed on the passport(s) of
the worker(s) issued by respective Foreign Mission/Competent
Authority in respect of foreign employer as per the details given
against each name is/are genuine and valid for the period mentioned.
- That the workers have been recruited by the Recruiting Agent
demand received from the foreign employer (where applicable).
- That are worker will be deployed with the same foreign employer
for whom he is being recruited and that the he will be received by
the foreign employer on reaching the country of employer.
- That the worker has been trade tested and found fit for the job
for which he is being deployed.
- That the worker will be paid the minimum required salary and
shall be governed by minimum standards of conditions of employment
as may be required in the country of employment.
- That the worker will be deployed on the same job for which has
- That the female worker will not be deployed as maidservant (where
- That the recruiting agent shall be responsible if the country of
- The cost of repatriation in such cases (s) will be borne by him;
and That the Recruiting Agent is maintaining a register containing
the above mentioned details of the workers.
- Prior approval of the Ministry is required for clearance for Costa
- Prior approval of the Ministry would be required in cases where
Recruiting Agent and/or foreign employer is placed in 'Prior Approval
- No clearance may be given for Iraq unless specifically authorized by
India Embassy in Iraq.
- No female below the age of 40 years should be granted ECNR
endorsement under the liberalized category for Kuwait unless employment
documents are attested by India Missions in Kuwait.
For any further information on about emigration clearance,
application for emigration clearance, procedure to be followed emigration
clearance and suspension clearance you can contact us ....